Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Buried Treasure

I am joining in Seth Apter's Buried Treasure Hunt!


Everyone is re posting one of their favorite posts -  - it can be new or old but one the blogger absolutely loves.

For this I chose a recent post but the piece is one of my faves!!

Just last week I posted about getting messy. I had fun creating a canvas based on a watercolor I was working on. I used paper scraps, Paint, Gelatos, Modeling Paste, Rub ons, Stencils, stamps, etc. I got messy creating the colorful background using my fingers!  The dress was painted on book text and the idea was actually taken from a water color painting I was working on. This is now proudly displayed in the front hallway on the piano. 



Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful hunt! I would love for you to follow me and sign up for my emails. I appreciate your stopping by and leaving comments! 

Fun Fact:   Bob Ross was a Master Sergent in the US Airforce. He was required to be “mean and tough,” to be “the guy who scream at you for being late to work.” After 20 years he left the military and decided “he would never scream again.” 3 years later he started “The Joy of Painting”.


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, beautiful, intriguingly lovely Jean. It's easy to see why this is one of your favorites.... it's more than LOVELY. The colors, the textures... wow. It's wonderful that it has a special place to be enjoyed in your home. So glad you sharing this one. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with this beautiful mixed media canvas. I can see why it would be a favorite post AND a favorite completed work. Your attention to detail is amazing and so is your use of paint and ink. Thanks for reposting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A complex and lovely piece. No wonder it is a 'treasure'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous canvas. Love the Bob Ross fact...I never knew that! We loved watching him paint...I miss that show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Jean!! I can see why this is definitely a favorite! and I love that quote as well!
    thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colour & background textures!

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)