Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Challenge

It is time for the Monday Mixed Media Group May Challenge . Titled Dear Me the challenge was to write a letter to yourself and praise yourself for how you have done.

So my piece IS SO OUTSIDE OF MY COMFORT ZONE THAT I AM VISITING SANDEE IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!

So my twin sister, the artistic one, called last week to tell me about this you tube video she watched where they applied layers of tissue paper to make texture on a canvas. Then they added a multitude of 3 dimensional objects.

She told me I should try this! So I watched the videos and here is my attempt. I had this brilliant idea to  make a heart so modge podged twisted pieces and sheets of tissue paper into the shape. Finally I wrote my letter on tissue and also glued that into the shape. The words were showing until I misted it. I added flowers, lace, etc. And here it is!!!

I keep going back and playing and changing - adding and taking away. I think I need to leave it alone for a few days:)


7 comments:

  1. I have made my 15 minutes of fame, I have art named after me! :) I love the texture that the tissue paper gave and the colors are perfect....just like me, lol OK, cracking myself up on that one! I didn't know you had a twin....so is she the nice one? I mean we all know your trouble!..skipping away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tissue dimension and texture. The chicken wire is great and love the colors and dots. Great canvas!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com
    Janet :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! amazing texture!!
    and thank you for your comment on Faber-Castell!
    Greetings from Chicago~

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is awesome!!! YAY for stepping beyond your comfort zone and YAY for incorporating your letter into the tissue rolled bits -- brilliant you!! I love it. WELL done honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, LOVE this Jean!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is stunning!! Reminds me of some of the She Art you posted back at Scrap-Friendzy!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chicken wire and the clever way you did your heart with your letter in it..
    Looks fantastic.
    Sandy :) from MMM

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)