Saturday, September 23, 2017

Cards for Mom

My mom is now in a nursing home which  is a big adjustment for both my sister who was caring for her and for her. I am 2 1/2 hours away so only get up there every two weeks or so. In between I have been sending her cards.

When we were younger my mom painted using oil paints. Covered bridges were her thing. I always stayed away from art. She is so proud of what I am doing now so I try to send her hand painted cards.

I thought I would send fall to her so I made this leaf card.


 Adding this to paint party Friday! You should check out the wonderful pieces posted!

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. what a sweet idea to send her painted cards. Beautifully done ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she must love this leaf as much as I do!! Beautiful. Your mom knew how much joy she got from art and is so happy you too found this joy!! Aging can be so hard and sad for everyone involved!! You are a such sweetie to keep in touch despite the distance!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous work! It has some great energy supplied by the extra drop of paint outside the outline. Every piece of art my kids do is important to me, so I'm thinking your Mum will be loving it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely card and a very sweet gesture

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherish these times. Your mom loves ever one of the cards you send.

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)