Monday, August 31, 2015

Branching Out

I found these 5.5 x 12 inch wood panels at Hobby Lobby and I thought they might be fun for something, just not sure what. After contemplating, I grabbed my water based oil colors and with a palette knife started creating a background. Next I added flowers using a spoon and sand texture paste. I painted those white after they dried and added the stem. I am celebrating because there is no way I would have ever envisioned I could do something like this. My weeks of art classes has paid off!!


I am adding this to Anything But A Card Celebration Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. What a great idea. Love the colors and texture. BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors and textures on this....BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic texture and colors, what a neat piece of art you'll be proud to say "I made that!" when people ask where you bought it :) Thanks for sharing it with us at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)