Friday, June 22, 2012

If ITs Groovy Blog Hop


If Its Groovy Blog Hop!

Hello everyone and welcome to our Slam Into Summer Blog Hop!! Summer is in full swing here! It is very hot and humid. Makes me want to stay inside!

You should have arrived here after visiting with  Deb  at   If Its Groovy
 If not, then just go and visit  If Its Groovy and you will be at the start of the hop!!!

And here are the rest of the stops

Pages in Time - Jean -------- you are here!
Scrap-Aholic - Penny
Scrapping the Guys - Heather
Scrabooking Sos - Michelle

We here at If It's Groovy plan to show you projects over the next four days that make us think of Summer. We hope you enjoy your time and be sure to come back and visit each day as there may be new surprises along the way! We would love to have you follow our blogs and get to know us as well as give us a chance to know you :)

I have been making a mixed media canvas every month to display in our front hall. I found a calendar at work which had cute pictures of girls and I knew I wanted to use one for this month's canvas. 

I saw this picture and thought of my twin sister. I painted the background and used some spackling compound to give the sand texture. I finished the background using stamps, rubons, etc. I printed the quote on tissue paper which I applied with modge podge. I like to do that because then it blends in. I added sea shells that we have collected.
















Thank you for stopping by! I would love  for you to become a follower and leave a comment.  We have lots more fun projects planned for you for the rest of the week! I look forward to seeing you again. 

Now hop off to 


5 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING!! Love it! Thank you for the tip about the tissue paper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool canvas Jean! I love the textures and dimension; a perfect frame to the story of the two girls. I didn't know you were a twin (or maybe I just don't remember) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool project! I love the image of the girls and that quote! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)